ZT-180 Adhoc Switcher is an utility created to easily apply/restore the 'TxPower' mod (for some devices only) and to switch the Wi-Fi connection between the default infrastructure mode, which allows the connection to routers or access points, and the ad-hoc mode, which allows the connection to another Wi-Fi device, such a phone which is sharing its Internet connection (tethering).
For this application to work properly it needs a 'rooted' device.
This application is intended to be used with devices having an RT2870, RT3070 or Texas Instrument Wi-Fi module, although it has only been tested with the Zenithink ZT-180 tablet with Android 2.1 and 2.2 OS versions.
It should work with other devices using one of these Wi-Fi modules or with other OS versions, or even might work with devices using other Wi-Fi modules on "just to try..." mode, as for example the iMX515 tablet with Atheros module (thanks to Miguel Minglas for his help on testing), but that's not sure and it's something you try at your own risk. According to received comments, in addition to ZT-180 the application worked on the following devices: iMX515, Samsung Galaxy Tab P1010 and FlyTouch 2.
- added new data and other adjustments to the report which can be generated when the application is not working; sorry but some data was not being correctly reported
- added new data and other adjustments to the report which can be generated when the application is not working
- added an option to refresh the Wi-Fi state at system boot
- changed the ad engine version
- added availability check for the needed shell commands
- added an option to generate a report with information about the device which can be saved or sent if the application doesn't work to help on making it compatible with more devices