I'm having install issues (I think) with the SlideMe version of my app. I'm also experiencing this with other stores like the Opera App store; So I'm thinking it is something I haven't done that is the problem and I'm really just asking for advice.
I have a game app Arrow Mania on SlideMe http://slideme.org/applications/arrow%20mania
The SlideMe download numbers are 4596 at the moment, about 50 downloads a day, great numbers to me! BUT, I am actually only getting 10 actual real installs+runs per day, 400 total installs since being on SlideMe. I know this as I have real install numbers (where people have installed and run) I can see these in Google Analytics and confirm this in various other accounts like my Vungle account.
Now I know my app runs on just about any device when downloaded from Google Play Store (again analytic data tells me). All I can conclude is that there is some problem with my APK that is stopping it installing & running for 80% of SlideMe users (and other app stores like Opera where I have the same problem).
Have you any advice as to what it could be? Is there something I need to do when I build an APK for stores like SlideMe that I've missed?
Some facts that may be of help:
- I am signing+aligning in Eclipse (not in the terminal).
- I have various advertising libraries in the application, like AdMob, Vungle, Heyzap, Chartboost - could one of these cause problems with installing on some devices?
- I also use Google Analytics library
- I have set the "requirements" in my SlideMe account for the app to "no" for Google Account needed (there is no LVL protection in the app, it is free)
- I have set the "requires third party libraries" in my SlideMe account for the app to "no" (it doesn't need any).
- I have set the "requires rooted device" to "no" (it doesn't).