WhoIsCalling is an application that will speak the caller ID info searching for contact name in your agenda and if not found, will speak the number of the caller (digit by digit).
WhoIsCalling uses the built-in Android TTS (text-to-speech) engine (or anyone that you have installed) to speak the caller id when he/she calls you. It will check if there is any TTS engine installed and if not, will redirect you to the Android Market to install it.
MAIN FEATURES :
- Speak caller id together if your ringtone
- Customize if it should reduce ringtone volume while speaking
- Customizable start and end message.
- Customize the number of times it repeats and time interval
- Customize voice pitch and speed
- Customize volume (related with ringtone volume)
- Customize language (from the already installed ones) specific for the app.
- Customize if should speak if there is a current call ongoing
- Backup of App data in your google account (so if you change your device and reinstall WhoIsCalling with same google account, all your previous setting will be restored)
- Enable or disable WhoIsCalling
- It is only executed when a incoming call is in place (battery save!)
- NEW: Customize audio stream to be used (Atrix and Nexus One users - and possible other phones - could be facing this issue where nothing is spoken when a incoming call arrives. Just try to change audio stream to ALARM and test again. Let me know if it is still not speaking...)
- NEW: Move 2 SD feature implemented. Now you can move the app to your external storage.
- NEW: Customize contact name format to speak (Display Name, Given Name, Family Name, etc..)
- NEW: Customize if it should speak contact phone type (Home, Mobile, Work, etc...). Can be enabled or disabled.
If you are having trouble, find any issue or have any suggestion to be implemented in the application, please contact me in the email below (website will be online soon).