Of all the distractions motorists face behind the wheel of a modern vehicle, Car and Driver believes that texting is the most dangerous. In 2009, Car and Driver devised a test to compare drivers’ reaction times texting and drunk. The result? Drivers who were texting took far longer to respond than those who were legally drunk.
To combat the dangers of texting while driving, Car and Driver brings you the Txt U L8r mobile app. The application automatically responds to emails and texts so drivers can keep their eyes on the road and their hands on the wheel. In short, the Txt U L8r app allows drivers to focus on driving, not the latest incoming message.
1. Download Txt U L8r.
2. In your Downloads or Applications folder, click on the Txt U L8r icon. Txt U L8r will launch.
3. Enter personal information if prompted, or press “skip.”
4. When entering your vehicle, turn the application on by tapping the circular button that says “off.” The button will now read “on.” All incoming messages will be read aloud and auto-responses will be sent. Standard message rates and data charges from your carrier apply.
5. When finished driving, turn the application off by tapping the same circular button so it reads “off.”
6. Adjust settings by tapping “settings.”
7. Upgrade to DriveSafe.ly Pro for even more features.