Fed up with having to enter your Device's PIN when at home or at work - then this app is for you.
This is app will automatically toggle your Device security between enabled and disabled based on your device's connection to selected Wi-Fi networks.
You can also manually toggle security from enabled to disabled and back again, through the app itself or a home screen widget.
When your Device connects to the specified Wi-Fi network, the Device security will automatically be disabled, and remain disabled, until your Device disconnects from the specified Wi-Fi network, when the Device security will be automatically enabled again.
You can use the app or the widget to manually toggle the setting, effectively overriding the automatically set state.
The widget colour also indicates the current security setting, whether set manually or automatically - red indicates that security is disabled, green indicates that security is enabled - and is great to install on your home screen for quick access and so you can see at a single glance what the security setting is.
Display notifications can be set on or off to show when security has been disabled. If notifications are set to on, a warning icon is displayed in the notification bar when security is disabled (note, not when security is enabled). The notification can then be selected to quickly re-enable security.
Warning messages can also be set on or off, to display an on-screen message when the security setting is changed automatically by the app (note, not if the device screen is off).
To indicate how this should work, imagine the following scenario:
- I am at home, connected to my home Wi-Fi network - the device security is set to disabled, and I do not have to enter my PIN to access the device
- I leave the house and drive off to work - as soon as my phone disconnects from my home Wi-Fi the device security is enabled, and I would now have to enter my PIN to access my device, so my device is now secure if I loose it when out and about
- I get to work, and go into the office, where my device automatically connects to my work Wi-Fi - the device security is automatically disabled again, and I do not have to enter my PIN to access the device
The Android security model has changed across different versions and is implemented differently on a number of devices, so this has been extensively tested on a number of devices and android versions.
Because of the way the security model has been implemented on different devices, there is a risk that this may not work on your device. Please test immediately on download and refund if it does not work.
1) This app requires device administrator privilege to be able to lock the screen. After installing and the first time you run the app, you will be prompted to activate the lock screen admin. Please select "activate".
2) To un-install the app, please revoke the device administrator setting for this app in Settings>Security>Device Administrators, and de-selecting the check box, which will prompt you to deactivate the lock screen admin. Please select "deactivate" and then you will be able to un-install the app in the usual way.