Kids Maps - U.S. Map Puzzle Game for Kids
NOTE* This game is for 3.1 Honeycomb Tablets only.
The goal of Kids Maps is to help young children learn geography through a fun, interactive, map puzzle game which uses colorful artwork, voice, sound & animation to teach.
This first edition includes:
- Complete map of the United States
- Learn fun facts about each state
- Helps kids develop motor skills and hand/eye coordination
- Helps kids develop shape & color recognition skills
- Easy-to-use Drag & Drop functionality
- Colorful state graphics, which utilize vivid primary colors & state abbreviations
- A guided tutorial to help children learn the interface
- Settings for alphabetical order (teaches children the letter a state starts with)
- Settings for random order (includes fun sounding animations)
- The ability to "skip" and grab a new puzzle piece (in random mode only)
- "Hints" system which helps point children in the right direction
- Encouraging messages to build confidence.
- Voice on/off settings
- Tips on/off settings
- Fun "reset" feature which breaks the map into pieces again
Recommended ages: 2 - 7 and up.
Dear Parent or Teacher,
This project is a labor of love for me. I originally developed this game for my 3 year old daughter after I read a study in a parenting magazine about the poor geography skills typical of today's children.
I sincerely hope your kids enjoy this game as much as my daughter does.
If you have feedback or any technical issues, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I look forward to your input!
Owner of Media Mechanic