Expense Register is a very simple but efficient application for keeping daily expenses.
The application is intended to be used in off-line mode. There is no integration with portal(s), web storages, etc.
Personally I am using it together with GnuCash (http://www.gnucash.org) - the greatest financial-accounting software in the universe ;)
I keep my daily expenses in Expense Register and from time to time I export them to GnuCash.
It seems to be a common use case so I believe it can be easily adapted by Quicken, MS Money, etc. users.
The major requirement for the application was to minimize the effort needed to record expenses.
I was fed up with using general purpose notes applications and complex mobile accounting software available on the Android market.
So in Expense Register I did my best to minimize number of operations needed to perform common actions.
No signup needed. No AD. No limited. No fee.
* Registration of expenses
* Browsing and maintenance of expenses' list
* Exporting expenses to selected email address
* Presenting simple summaries of registered expenses
* Desktop widget to jump directly to expense adding form
* Auto-completion feature with predefined common descriptions and tags
* You may use TAG field to categorize expenses. E.g. you may mark different accounts or currencies.
* You may define comma-separated lists of descriptions and tags you often use. The application will suggest them later when you start filling information about new expense.
Send me your feedback if you think something could be improved !