SSHmote is a remote control using the ssh protocol to interact with your favorite multimedia software. It provides an intuitive and minimalistic graphical interface which simplifies the access to you multimedia setup.
SSHmote ships with many preloaded profiles: VLC, MPlayer, Kaffeine and Amarok. However, people familiar with shell commands will easily be able to customize and create their own profiles. Any software that can be controlled via SSH, can be configured into SSHmote.
Using the SSH protocol means that for most Linux/BSD distributions, no additional server installation will be required, you will just have to enter your login and password in SSHmote and it will turn your Android device into a cool remote control.
Please note that SSHmote doesn't support Windows SSH servers since Windows doesn't allow for GUI application to be launched remotely.
More information on http://www.zokama.com/sshmote
- Password popup. For those who don't want to store the password on their device
- DB access optimization
- SSH public key authentication method
- Unlimited custom commands can now be added to a profile
- New profiles
- Layout selection
- Keymap configuration
- Fastscroll when a lot a files are to be displayed
- Better directory/file distinction with icons
- Possibility to reload default profile configuration allowing profile changes
- Customizable text buttons
- New profiles
- Expert tab for more options
- Home directory selection
- Support for hard keyboard keystroke
- DBus support
- Better SSH authentication support