Because there's no room for error, turn to McGraw-Hill's I.V. Drug Handbook. Featuring a strong focus on patient safety, administering and monitoring I.V. drugs, the Handbook delivers concise, practical guidance to help you carry out one of the most difficult tasks you face. Written by and for practicing nurses and pharmacists, the Handbook is reliable, comprehensive, and easy-to-use.
Everything you need for safe, successful I.V. drug administration:
* All-inclusive coverage of over 350 parenteral drugs with the latest warnings from the FDA
* Includes antibiotics, insulin, pain medications, emergency drugs -- and more coverage of chemotherapeutic agents with more supportive therapies than you'll find in any other text
* Provides the most comprehensive, specific, evidence-based guidelines on administering high-alert and hazardous drugs available anywhere
* Each drug monograph includes administration guidelines, covering preparation, dilution & compatibility, infusion rates, admixtures, supportive therapies and monitoring.
* Features a 32 page full-color patient safety insert describing measures for ensuring safe drug administration, including 6 pagea on inserting an I.V. catheter
* Uses distinctive icons to call your attention to "clinical alerts," "life-threatening reactions," "high-alert", "hazardous" drugs, and more
Patricia Dwyer Schull, MSN, RN, has been in medical publishing for more than twenty years. Prior to establishing MedVantage Publishing, Patricia held executive management positions with the top medical publishers in the world. She has edited and authored many popular nursing publications including several drug titles. Before entering the publishing business, Patricia spent 16 years in various aspects of nursing management, direct patient care and staff education as a professional registered nurse.
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported; the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections