A must-have reference with thousands of acronyms and abbreviations from all medical specialties, Dorland`s Dictionary of Medical Acronyms and Abbriviations lets you easily decode both common and rare medical terminology.
It features an alphabetical arrangement to find any abbreviation, as well as a special section with extensive coverage of symbols of all kinds. Abbreviations on the JCAHO "Do not use" list are clearly identified while the dictionary is ideal for medical transcriptionists, students, and health professionals at all stages of their careers.
Also includes advanced search tools and features that have become the staple of quality reference apps from MobiSystems.
A Search Tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A Learning Tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported - the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections