"Beautiful Mosques" is an islamic app that welcomes anyone who likes beautiful architecture to check out the most amazing mosque photos around the world and sets them as wallpapers.
This free app is ad supported and may contain ads in the notification tray and/or home screen. Permissions needed are requested by ad networks for the purpose of delivering ads.
App includes free mobile phone wallpapers of:
- Al-Masjid al-Ḥarām (The Holy Mosque or The Sacred Mosque) – Mecca, Saudi Arabia
- Al-Masjid an-Nabawi (Mosque of the Prophet) – Medina, Saudi Arabia
- The Blue Mosque - Istanbul, Turkey
- Great Mosque of Córdoba (Mezquita-Catedral) - Cordoba, Spain
- Bara Imambara - Lucknow, India
- Shah Nematollah Vali Shrine - Mahan, Iran
- Abu Bakr mosque - Egypt
- The royal Islamic mosque - Brunei
- Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin - Bandar Seri Begawan, the capital of the Sultanate of Brunei.
- Blue Mosque - Istanbul, Turkey
- Larabanga Mosque - Ghana
- Kota Kinabalu - Sabah, Malaysia
- Wazir Khan Mosque - Lahore, Pakistan
- Nasr ol Molk - Shiraz, Iran
- Dome of the Rock (Masjid Qubbat As-Sakhrah) - Jerusalem, Palestine
- Putra Mosque (Masjid Putra) - Putrajaya, Malaysia
- Aramco Mosque - Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
- Kul-Sharif (Qolşärif) Mosque - Kazan, Russia
- Şehzade Mosque (Prince's Mosque) - Istanbul, Turkey
- Babri Mosque - Ayodhya, India
Photos in the app are licensed under Creative Commons license. Photographers have been credited as per license. To view credits, click the question mark icon in the app.
What is a mosque? (For those who don't know - citation from Wiki)
A mosque is a place of worship for followers of Islam. The word entered English from a French word which probably derived from Italian moschea, a variant of Italian moscheta, from either Armenian mzkiṭ or Greek μασγίδιον, from Arabic masjid, meaning "place of worship" or "prostration in prayer", from the Arabic sajada, meaning "to bow down in prayer" or "worship", probably ultimately of Aramaic origin.
There are strict and detailed requirements in Sunni fiqh for a place of worship to be considered a masjid, with places that do not meet these requirements regarded as musallas.