Hooptie was created from the idea that interacting with a vehicle's on-board diagnostics (obd2) system can be much more intuitive, informative, and maybe even enjoyable.
Connect to your vehicle's on-board diagnostics (obd2) system via bluetooth. Read and display various vehicle sensors such as engine rpms, engine coolant temperature, vehicle speed, horsepower, torque, and estimated instant MPG. Find out why that check engine light is illuminated. Create your own virtual dashboard.
Hooptie also lets you:
• Read and clear current and pending diagnostic trouble codes.
• Customize your wallpaper.
• Choose between digital or dial indicators.
• Customize your indicator's colors, fonts, and background image.
• Save your custom indicator styles.
• Create up to 10 home pages.
• Organize your displayed items through an intuitive drag&drop interface.
• Record and export your sensor data from your indicators and charts.
Hooptie supports these vehicle obd2/obd-ii protocols:
• SAE J1850 PWM (Ford)
• SAE J1850 VPW (General Motors)
• ISO 9141-2 (Chrysler, European, and Asian vehicles)
• ISO 14230 KWP2000 (Keyword Protocol 2000)
• ISO 15765 CAN (all U.S. models as of 2008)
Additional Hardware is Required:
Hooptie requires the use of an obd2 bluetooth adapter that supports the ELM327 chipset or similar. Most obd2 bluetooth adapters on the market today already support the ELM327 chipset. These can be found on sites such as Amazon and EBay with just a simple search for "obd2 bluetooth adapter." Please be aware that not all adapters are created equal and some of the lesser expensive adapters have been shown to exhibit unpredictable or completely non-functional behavior.
Please understand that not all vehicle models support all sensors. Items that depend on unsupported sensors may display a value of "Not Supported" or similar functionality.
Installing "Hooptie Lite" first to test vehicle compatibility before purchasing Hooptie is highly recommended!
Hooptie does not collect or share any personal data.
For faq's, additional information, or to contact the author about Hooptie please visit the support site or use the support e-mail address.